These are so cute and easy to make. I use the caramel from my caramel popcorn recipe (which makes so much, that I also had enough caramel to make caramel popcorn while I made these quick bites), premade tartlet shells, pecan pieces, and mini chocolate chips. I whipped up these and a batch of caramel popcorn in about 30 minutes.
- Caramel (see caramel popcorn recipe)
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 package premade tartlet shells (mine came with 16)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Piping bag
- Hot mitt
- Tall glass
- Medium pot, and spatula for caramel
- Remove tartlet shells from package (I placed mine on a jelly roll pan)
- Fill each shell with 4-5 pecan pieces.
- Place the piping bag in the glass, and fold the edges over the top of the glass, so you can fill with caramel.
- Make the caramel (if you are going to make popcorn, pop it before you begin).
- When the caramel reaches the soft-ball stage, fill the piping bag 1/2 way. (you can spread the rest of the caramel over the popcorn)
- Hold the piping bag with an oven mitt (the caramel is extremely hot!). Cut a small hole to pipe the caramel. Pipe the caramel into the tartlet shells—completely covering the pecan pieces.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the tartlets.
- Cool completely before serving (you don’t want any burned mouths).