Pages Navigation Bar

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sarah's Wedding Quilt & Guest Posting

My best friend since third grade, Sarah, got married three years ago.  I was her maid of honor, and at the time, I was working on a quilt to give her as a wedding gift.  Since I am just now finishing it, maybe I am not still her best friend...

Sarah knows me well enough that I think she didn't actually expect me to finish it on time, but anyway, I just finished the quilt top.  I am going to take it and have it basted together (I can't stand pinning for hour--it hurts my fingers), then I will quilt it on my sewing machine.

I love the colors of this quilt.  You may have noticed some of my color preferences (blue and yellow), and Sarah shares some of them with me.  Actually, when I finished this top, Adam said, "I think I like that one even better than ours."  Can I share a secret with you?  I agree with him.  The one I made for us is based on Adam's obsession with log cabins (not my favorite decor).  The good news is that now I have an excuse to make a new quilt for us!

By the way...head over to Tatertots and Jello today to see my Soldered Mother's Day Pin.  While you're there, say hi to Jen and check out what else there is to see.  Yesterday, she had another guest poster who made an AMAZING peacock pillow!

3 comments:

  1. Those are GREAT!! I am here by way of Tatertots and Jello

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came to you via Tatertos and Jello! Fun blog! Any recommendations for a basic soldering iron? I'm totally inspired by your post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just use my mom's because we always do this together. She bought one from Hobby Lobby and one from The Home Depot. They both work well. The smaller tip seems to do better with smaller pieces, so maybe decide what you will be doing before you buy.

    One thing to be sure is that you always leave a coating of solder on your tip when you put it away.

    I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.