Pages Navigation Bar

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hello Again and ... Orange Julius

I know it has been ages since I posted anything. I'm sorry. I have been so busy with planning, grading, preparing for both the banquet and tryouts, that I have not had any time to craft or blog in weeks. Luckily, I have the banquet on Monday, tryouts are all planned, and I am almost completely caught up on grading. This means that I will be crafting and posting again on a regular basis.

Today I have a quick recipe that I know you will love. Orange Julius reminds me of the mall, summer, and high school. Do you want to make your own? I know I do. Here's how:

Ingredients (this makes a whole pitcher)
  • 1 orange sliced
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup (6 oz) frozen orange juice concentrate
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1-2 cups ice (depending on your preference)
Supplies
  • Blender (sadly, Adam put our blender in the sink after I made these--it fell and shattered, so no more for me until I replace it)
  • Glasses
  • Straws (some people don't consider them a necessity, but I do)
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients except the orange slices in the blender
  2. Blend
  3. Pour into glass
  4. Embellish with an orange slice
  5. Insert straw
  6. Share with friends!
What's your favorite summer drink?

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I used to love the strawberry ones--and these remind me of the same things you are reminded of! ;) Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.