Warning! I had to go buy a donut after reading this recipe. Boston Creme donuts are a favorite in my family, and I just know I will have to make these for my dad. Lyuba from Will Cook for Smiles is so creative for think of this deliciousness! She created the recipe as a Father's Day treat for her hubby.
For Cream Filling:
1 cup of milk
2/3 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
4 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons cornstarch
4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk
For Ganache Frosting:
6 ounces semisweet chocolate
3/4 cup heavy cream, boiling
Make the cream filling FIRST:
1.Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until completely combines
1. Preheat the oven to 375, place the cupcake liners into the 12 cup muffin pan
2. Beat the butter is a large mixing bowl for 1 minute
3. Add sugar and beat for another minute
6. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt
7. Add milk, beat well for about a minute
1. Bring the heavy cream to boil, be careful not to let it actually boil or it will raise
2. Pour the boiling cream over the chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Cool to a little warmer then room temperature
~ Fill a decorating bag with the cream filling. Use a long thin decorating tip. Insert the tip into the baked cupcakes while they are still hot.
Enjoy!! Absolutely delicious!!
Thanks Lyuba for creating and sharing this wonderful creation! Lyuba posts lots of wonderful looking recipes on her blog. This prinzregententorte (which I have not idea how to pronounce) looks divine!
She also made these yummy red velvet cupcakes.
If you can move after stuffing yourself with these delicious Boston Creme Cupcakes, stop by Will Cook for Smiles and check out Lyuba's other great recipes.
BTW - I am going to Utah for my cousin's wedding this weekend, so no posts on Saturday or Sunday, but we will be back for more Cupcake Month on Monday. Have a great weekend!